Turkey Enchilada Bakes
NUTRITIONALS PER SERVING: 396 Calories; 24g Fat; 21g Carbs; 3g Fiber; 3g Sugar; 25g Protein
Servings: 4 Servings
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 (5-inch) soft corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 4 (8-ounce) ramekins or small baking dishes with olive oil spray.
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and brown, crumbling as it cooks, for 7 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper to the skillet and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, corn, cilantro, and cumin. Bring up to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Build 4 individual casseroles by layering two cuts of the tortillas on the bottom of each prepared ramekin. Top tortillas with 1⁄3 cup of the turkey mixture. Top the turkey mixture with 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the last step to create a second layer in each ramekin as you use the remaining tortillas, turkey mixture, and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
If you do not have small baking dishes or ramekins on hand, this recipe can also be made in a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan.